Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A new beginning



Ah, I'm going down a gentle slope with an empty suitcase.
When I look back, I see a shiny red roof in the distance.
I'm leaving this house on the hill today.

I've always done it like this
and I will continue to do so.
I look my best on windy mornings.
I'm sure I can catch a good head wind.

I gain everything
and I lose everything.
Everything is slipping through my fingers,
but my heart is still standing here,
and once again, I will start walking.

I gain everything
and I lose everything.
When I'm left with a blank page,
the fire of hope in my heart is always bright.

Why? Raising a tough question, the day an important dream had been broken.
I saw a scene never seen over the wall.
I was never conceited.

Birds sleep now, resting their wings
to travel tomorrow morning. Lightly flying by they're so far away

Even people again
can be happy.
People told me goodbye now.
The new town, I think
surely, believe myself to meet again.

Remembering how now, whether it is or was not right,
walking under the sun, waving.




No comments:

Post a Comment